How to get to us
How to get to Kuala Penyu from Kota Kinabalu
Kuala Penyu – Kota Kinabalu : 135 km (2 hours)
There are a few ways to get to Kuala Penyu:
1) By taxi (by far the most expensive, but one can be hired at any time)
2) By minivan (run by Kuala Penyu residents, they leave Kota Kinabalu at around 11am
each day). They park near the General Post Office.
3) By bus coaches (scheduled timetable between 7 am - 2pm daily). The buses head for
Menumbok, but will drop off passengers at a main roundabout junction called Kayul
(see pics above) which is 8km away from Kuala Penyu town. Their parking bays are at the
city park, close to the High Court building.
4) For guests staying at the Sawangan Beach Lodge (www.sawanganbeach.com), the hosts will
be able to arrange for a licensed taxivan driver for a pick-up at their accommodation in
Kota Kinabalu, to be sent right to the Lodge. There is only 1 trip per day, return to
Kuala Penyu is between 11am - 11.30 am). The same taxivan can pick guests for the return
trip to Kota Kinabalu.
5) Car or motorbike from hire companies in Kota Kinabalu (unfortunately, there's none in
Kuala Penyu). Car hire is available from the airport. We highly recommend hiring a car or
motorbike, especially if you are staying for a few days. There is no regular public
transportation in Kuala Penyu so it would be so much easier to move around with your own